Do you have a missing tooth?
Are you considering the different types of restorative dental procedures available?
Does a dental bridge seem to make the most sense financially?
If you have a missing tooth and want to restore that gap in your mouth, it is essential to examine the differences between a dental bridge and a tooth implant.
Dental bridges have replaced teeth for generations of Missoula dental patients. However, they have some drawbacks:
- They are a 3-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem – the adjacent teeth must be prepped and crowned to hold the replacement (floating) tooth.
- It is hard to properly clean the small areas under the bridge.
- A dental bridge does not protect against bone recession at the extraction site.
Why does a tooth implant have advantages over a dental bridge?
- It is a 1-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem.
- It is usually stronger.
- Will curtail the risk of bone recession (as compared to a bridge) because it replaces the tooth root.
- It is usually not as difficult to clean as a dental bridge – lower risk of decay.
- They typically last longer.
- Dental implants can support a denture or partial denture.
If you need to replace a tooth, talk to your Missoula dentist about dental financing options.If you elect a dental implant, it will probably be less expensive in the long run.
If you want to learn more about dental implants, I invite you to call Felton Dental Care at 406-728-0896. I am Dr. Brett Felton, and I am devoted to restoring smiles for my Lolo area patients with unforgettable permanent restorations. Call today to schedule a dental implant consultation at my Missoula office.