Some of the most popular dental topics discussed in Missoula and Missoula relate to cosmetic dentistry, such as teeth whitening, veneers, and dental implants. However, the desire to avoid cavities is still the main reason Lolo and Frenchtown residents visit their dentists, so today the Missoula Dental Blog is going to highlight the 5 things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities can also be called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged in the hard surface, tiny openings occur. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to tooth decay are:
Consuming sugary beverages
Teeth that haven’t been cleaned well
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should call your Missoula, Lolo, or Frenchtown family dentist today for an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among children, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions.
5. Avoiding cavities is simple. Be sure to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right and avoid snacking, and have regular visits with your dentist.
If you are in the market for quality dental care in the Missoula area, give Felton Dental Care a call. We have been treating dental patients in and around Lolo since 2007. We can also answer any questions you have about cosmetic dentistry procedures such as porcelain veneers and dental implants.
Dr. Brett Felton
Felton Dental Care
1750 Brooks St, Missoula, MT